tiistai 28. kesäkuuta 2011

Elton John and Äädäppelspüree

It was just a pretty normal Sunday in June. Me and the guys took a train to Cologne and had a lovely dinner in a very nice restaurant. The food was excellent. The beer was excellent. The service was excellent. The ambiance was excellent.

You can find the menu in German and in Köl(ni)sch here. If you're a Finn you should definitely use the Cologne dialect. You can't go wrong with all the ääs and öös, can you... Well, I'm still not sure if the waiter was laughing with me or at me, when I ordered my food using that funny dialect, but at least I got what I wanted and that is what counts, isn't it. And as long as everyone's having fun...

I give ***** out of ***** Virpi-stars and highly recommend visiting the "Malzmühle" . I bet after a few rounds of Kölsch your Kölsch will be fluent too. But when you leave the premises with all the Kölsch in your head, be careful with the door. If you don't step out at the right time you'll find yourself in the restaurant again!!! And again.... and again...

But anyway, I had some lovely Levver met jebrode Öllich, Äädäppelspüree un Appelkompott and Miska was enjoying this delicious Hämmche met suurem Kappes un Äädäppelspüree:



And afterwards Elton John sang for us at Köln Lanxess Arena. Which was nice.


P.S. an meine Jungs: Ich war schon mal in diesem Restaurant drin. Damals wollte ich nichts essen. Ich wollte nur ein Bierchen trinken. Aber.... die hatten schon Feierabend. Und dann war ich sofort wieder draußen.

P.S. especially for my family on the island of Great Britain: Koelsch

Ei kommentteja: